2 large chicken breasts, on the bone, skin on
5 cups water
3 slices bacon, cut into 1inch pieces
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 bag frozen green peas, or lima beans (whichever preferred)
1 bag frozen corn
1 teaspoon sugar
2-3 teaspoon salt
Dash of red chili pepper flakes
Black pepper to taste
3 tablespoon butter, melted
3 tablespoon flour
1. In large soup pot, stew chicken, water, bacon, onion and 1teaspoon salt for 40 minutes over medium-low heat.
2. Remove chicken to a bowl, cool, skin and remove meat from bones. Cut or shred into small bite sized pieces and return to soup pot.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except for corn, butter and flour.
4. Cook for ½ hour, cutting tomatoes with a fork or knife as they stew.
5. Add corn.
6. Mix melted butter and flour in small bowl and add by the spoonful to stew. Adjust salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste.