1 can pumpkin (2 cups)
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola or safflower oil
3 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup white or black raisins optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Spray 2 large loaf pans with cooking spray.
3. Add and mix first 4 ingredients.
4. In separate large bowl, mix flour and spices.
5. Make a well in middle and add wet ingredients to dry.
6. Mix by hand and do not over mix. A few lumps are ok.
7. Divide batter among prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Test with a knife in middle of bread. It’s best if you don’t bake it till knife comes out completely dry. Can also make one loaf of bread and use remaining batter for muffins, but check after ½ hour.